Search this blog

16 March, 2010

The world changed!

I'm young. Not too long ago, I was still an university student and back then I remember I liked to learn almost everything about computer science, and more. The only field that really I avoided (with pride), was web programming. JSP, SQL, I did know almost nothing of those things, and I liked it. Those were... simply not cool.

Well, I'm regretting that. There is so much going on about the web nowadays even if economically, we're still far from the .net golder era. But technologically... Oh my. I realize that most people in most companies and universities are still stuck with Java EE and JSP and that's why a lot of us didn't notice that now there are plenty of cool things going on the web side of the programming.

I'll list some that you should have a look at, if you don't know them yet (check the links...)

Everything Google, Amazon and the Apache foundation do...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It's seems (for me at least) that Java & JSP is reasonable choice in some situations. "Enterprise stuff" with deploy, long test cyle and so on are ground base for very productive environment if you have more than few developers.

Unknown said...

And by the way... You forgot Scala ;)

nova77 said...

Well, we do a good part of that and we are hiring, just in case you are interested.. ;)

Anonymous said...

J2EE is great...if you use Grails.

Unknown said...

I worked with Ruby on Rails for quite a time. Interesting technology - development is really pleasurable.

minder said...

What do you think about haxe (www.haxe.org/)?

DEADC0DE said...

minder: I don't know really I have a lot of experience in many computer science fields, but not web development. I admire the technology that I've linked, I think it's cool, but I don't have strong opinions on those.